Github user nickwallen commented on the issue:

    https://github.com/apache/metron/pull/868

    > Are there follow on PR's lined up or planned for this that add support
for an ubuntu full_dev to test if this works?

    Yes, I was thinking of doing something like that as a follow-on.  Good
thought.

    > Does ambari support debs?

    Yes, Ambari itself supports a variety of platforms.  There will be some
follow-on PRs of work I've done so that our MPack works on Ubuntu.

    > Will devs be expected to maintain the debs when they add to the spec file?

    There is no spec file for this, so nothing to maintain like we have to do
for the RPMs.

---