I think that is fine,  we can use that and work out the UX to manage new or
replace.  Maybe we can do Profile Compare down the line?

On February 5, 2018 at 09:28:16, Nick Allen (n...@nickallen.org) wrote:

> If we replay a set of data with a new version of a profile I think it
will always have to be a new profile and not ‘replace’ the old one.
Series1, Seriers2  etc?

As part of this effort (unless there is a compelling reason) I wouldn't
change that behavior.  The profile data is stored based on profile name +
entity + timestamp (I'm glossing over some of the details, but that's
effectively what happens).  If you change the definition of a profile, but
the name does not change, then you would replace the existing profile
data.  If you do not want to replace, then you should change the name of
the profile.

Now is this the best way to store the data?  I am not sure.  It is a
complex discussion all by itself, but is something that I would rather
handle as a separate effort.