GitHub user nickwallen opened a pull request:

    https://github.com/apache/metron/pull/933

    METRON-1452 Rebase Dev Environment on Latest CentOS 6

    Currently the CentOS development environment
(`metron-deployment/development/centos6`) is based on an image
[metron/centos_base](https://app.vagrantup.com/metron/boxes/centos_base) that
has not been updated in 11 months.  This image is really just a snapshot of
[bento/centos6.7](https://app.vagrantup.com/bento/boxes/centos-6.7) from 11
months ago. The
[bento/centos6.7](https://app.vagrantup.com/bento/boxes/centos-6.7) image has
not been updated in quite some time also.

    On the other hand, the
[centos/6](https://app.vagrantup.com/centos/boxes/6) image was updated 23 days
ago. Presumably these images are receiving critical patches for long term
support.

    We should base the CentOS development environment
`metron-deployment/development/centos6` on the
[centos/6](https://app.vagrantup.com/centos/boxes/6) image so that we can be
confident that Metron continues to work on the latest patches for the CentOS 6
series.

    This would match what we do for the Ubuntu development environment which is
based on  [ubuntu/trusty64](https://app.vagrantup.com/ubuntu/boxes/trusty64).
This image continues to receive updates regularly despite the age of the Ubuntu
14 release.  It was updated just 3 days ago.

    $ git pull https://github.com/nickwallen/metron METRON-1452

    https://github.com/apache/metron/pull/933.patch

    This closes #933

----
commit 9a6f92878e472aba27db9f000a894a8c82349ce9
Author: Nick Allen <nick@...>
Date:   2018-02-09T14:11:31Z

    METRON-1452 Rebase Dev Environment on Latest CentOS 6

----

---