Hi all,

I will shortly be working on merging PR-1341
<https://github.com/apache/metron/pull/1341> for METRON-614
<https://jira.apache.org/jira/browse/METRON-614>.

There are a couple of implications to this that developers should be aware
of, in addition to changes documented in UPGRADING.md for users.

   - All methods that use a default Charset will now result in compilation
   errors. You MUST provide a Charset. For most uses, this will be
   StandardCharsets.UTF_8. *I strongly recommend merging master into your
   current PRs.* This will help ensure that your build functions as
   expected.
   - The two main sources of this compilation error can be set in IntelliJ
   via Preferences -> Editor -> Inspections, and setting "Standard Charset
   object can be used" and "Implicit use of the platform's default Charset" to
   error.
   - Thanks to Mike Miklavcic, our parsers now support defining a Charset
   on a per parser basis. This allows for mixed Charset sources (e.g. one
   parser may be UTF_8, one may be ISO_8859_1, etc. In addition to the
   implications in UPGRADING.md, this means developers working with parsers
   may need to be aware of this configurability to ensure things like logging
   are properly handling the raw data.
   - Our general build output (including Travis) should be substantially
   cleaner now.  I believe this was the single largest source of warning
   output.

Thanks,
Justin