Jon actually wouldn't be able to cut a release candidate immediately
anyway; he doesn't have an entry in the KEYS file.

As backgound noted in:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/METRON/Release+Process:

"Currently, the KEYS file is only pushed with a main Metron release.  This
> means that, when there is a new release manager, they will be unable to
> release apache/metron-bro-kafka-plugin without a release of apache/metron."

Nobody's particularly cared about fixing this, given that the plugin
releases more rarely than the main repo.

I should be able to cut an RC tomorrow, but when is a bit more
questionable. The other catch is that I'm doing some travel late this week,
so my ability to actually push the release post vote (assuming success) or
cut a new RC (assuming failure) is pretty limited. I'll leave it up to the
community if everyone would rather live with the possibility that there's a
delay post vote or if we'd rather start next week.