Github user cestella commented on the issue:

    https://github.com/apache/incubator-metron/pull/257

    The issue around the `StellarScientificTest` change is that merging
t-digests is not precisely the same as adding the same data to one t-digest.
Whether this is a bug in the t-digest code or whether it's an artifact of the
theory, I don't know.  Because this test is using low amounts of data, it's
prone to a bit of jitter it seems and the compression level specified before
isn't sufficient to ensure that the epsilon chosen (1e-2) is sufficient for
repeated runs.  I tightened up the compression level to 150 (which is still
quite sensible) to make sure we can support at least 1e-2 accuracy for normally
distributed data across 100 runs of 1000 elements.

---
with INFRA.
---