Github user ottobackwards commented on the issue:

    https://github.com/apache/incubator-metron/pull/261

    I have a question -

    Shouldn't the addition of the timestamp and the original string be
something that is handled in Stellar?

    I am looking at running something through this with a field that I would
want to transform with stellar into the timestamp.  Incoming data from other
systems ( SIEMs etc ) may already be normalized and have a raw log data field
as well.  I would think that Stellar would be the better place to these things.

---
with INFRA.
---