Github user ottobackwards commented on the issue:
    I would prefer changing the IPValidator.  As an aside to this, if someone
were to want to add in new models to the system I would think Metron would need
to have the validation mapped to model type and not so hard coded into the
system.  Some of this would fall out of that effort, unless I'm mistaken

contact infrastructure at or file a JIRA ticket
with INFRA.