I think that grooming the JIRA backlog at each release provides a good
method for new users or users less integrated into Metron development to
understand the roadmap of the project by perusing the backlog.  I feel
somewhat aware of the state of the Metron project but often have questions
about how prioritized certain issues are for development.  I think the
easiest way to illustrate this gap are in these
links, where Metron currently has 45 unresolved issues slated for 0.2.1BETA
(?!?) and 71 unresolved issues that are unscheduled.

I'd also like to see a comprehensive update of documentation on the wiki
<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/METRON/Metron+Wiki> (or
wherever it lives).  Heck, TP2 isn't even on the releases page
<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/METRON/Releases>, let alone
0.2.1 and other related details/changes.

I'd be more than happy to help with either of those efforts, as applicable.