My thoughts here essentially devolve into a selfish interest in alerts
separate from a SOC analyst style alert in order to facilitate
notifications such as larger issues with a topology, extremely high latency
for an enrichment, a drop off in certain types of sensor traffic, etc.  I
feel like there is a similar use case which is more relevant to this
discussion.  Effectively what I'm thinking as an option 3 is we split the
alert into option 2 and an is_alert_investigator (or other role).

Jon

--

Jon