Github user anandsubbu commented on the issue:

    https://github.com/apache/incubator-metron/pull/315

    Thank you @dlyle65535 for a nice fix.

    I'm +1 (non-binding)

    I did tests with the modified commit and here are my observations:

    1) The metron_mpack jar does not get generated during ``mvn clean package``
now.

    2) Fresh deploy of HDP + Metron at once
    - In the beginning the Metron Parser error about Kafka appears, and then
changes to a warn message about Storm Supervisor. This is working as expected.
    - The co-location error for the MySQL Server, Metron Enrichment and Metron
Indexing is shown when any of these are not on the same host as Metron Parsers
    - In the event that a user _still_ hits **Next** button when any of the
above Error exists, the Ambari wizard pops up a **Validation Issues** window
that allows the users to Continue Anyway. This is the way Ambari is designed to
work.
    - However that said, the **Validation Issues** windows does appear even
when the WARN message about Storm Supervisor is present. One would have to
"Continue Anyway" to proceed. I'm not sure if there is anything that can be
done for this scenario.
    - Clicked through the wizard and was able to bring up the cluster fine
without issues.

    3) Deploy with a existing HDP cluster - Adding Metron services subsequently
    - In the **Assign Masters** page, the ERROR and WARN messages are gone when
all the colocation criteria are met.
    - In my case, I did have an issue where the host where I was installing did
not have Supervisors running. I had to go back to Ambari and use the
Host->Actions screen to add a storm supervisor to the node. Likewise, I had to
also use the Host->MetronHost->Add Clients option to install HBASE client,
which is required during service startup, since the MetronHost did not have the
clients installed during the initial HDP deployment.
    - Clicked through the wizard and was able to bring up the cluster fine
without issues

---
with INFRA.
---