GitHub user dlyle65535 opened a pull request:

    https://github.com/apache/incubator-metron/pull/436

    METRON-671: Refactor existing Ansible deployment to use Ambari MPack

    **WORK IN PROGRESS - DO NOT MERGE**

    This is the first set of changes to enable Ansible installation to use the
Ambari MPack. It currently works (in my environment) with full-dev using
sensor-stubs. It will not work with Quick-Dev or EC2 at this time.

    It's (well past - sorry) starting to get large, so I wanted to push it out
for feedback while I'm working issues with the distributed install.

    Some points of interest:
    - As discussed, components (ES, Kibana, Metron Topologies) that are managed
by Ambari are removed from Monit
    - I had added a notion of 'required configurations' to the blueprint and
ambari_cluster_state script so blueprint verification would pass.
    - I've refactored our Ansible host groupings (see
inventory/full-dev-platform/hosts). The Metron group is now the host that we
use as the Metron services master.
    - I cleaned up the very minimum number of issues that @mattf-horton found
in [METRON-609](https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/METRON-609) required to
make single-node deployment work with the MPack. It's my intention to work to
get his changes incorporated on top of the final version of this changeset.
    - I removed the Solr role from Ansible. My current intention is to open a
Jira to add a Solr Indexing component to the MPack.

    Immediate next steps:

    - [ ] Get the EC2 distributed install working.
    - [ ] Adjust readmes and docs where required.
    - [ ] Merge in Matt's changes and make required PRs on his branch (if any).
    - [ ] Document test plan

    I also hope to receive and respond to feedback.

    $ git pull https://github.com/dlyle65535/incubator-metron METRON-671

    https://github.com/apache/incubator-metron/pull/436.patch

    This closes #436

----
commit 01cd4216754861c7eaf58c04472fb2a8125a6f28
Author: David Lyle <dlyle65...@gmail.com>
Date:   2017-01-23T20:47:14Z

    METRON-671: Refactor existing Ansible deployment to use Ambari MPack

----

---
with INFRA.
---