Github user nickwallen commented on the issue:

    https://github.com/apache/incubator-metron/pull/438

    I really could use some opinions on the go-forward here.  I see two options.

    (1) Assume that any indexer that cannot handle complex types is currently
broken.

    * Since the assumption is that the Solr indexer is 'broke', then we can
move forward and commit this PR (pending further review) BEFORE addressing the
Solr indexer.
    * I will then create a JIRA to test and fix any indexer that cannot handle
complex types.  Based on the discussion here, I am assuming this includes the
Solr indexer.

    (2) Assume that we need to live in our current box.

    * I will update this PR to flatten the data to make the Solr Indexer happy.
    * I will then create a JIRA to fix the Solr Indexer.
    * After the Solr Indexer is fixed, I will then create another PR to return
threat triage to its current state (using a complex type instead of flattening.)

    I think those are the best options forward.  Let me know if there is
another alternative.  Thanks all!

---
with INFRA.
---