Github user justinleet commented on the issue:

    https://github.com/apache/incubator-metron/pull/453

    I tried running this up and discovered that there's at least one error that
doesn't get caught.  Json parsing errors, e.g. if someone gives outright badly
formatted messages to indexing (e.g. missing closing '}'), don't get caught and
indexed right now.

    I don't believe we ever handled this type of error, because I don't think
it ever occurs from our code directly.  I'm inclined to not worry about it for
this PR given that we never worried about it to being with, but we may want to
create a follow on Jira to ensure that we handle cases like this well.  As we
add and increase visibility to extension points, we don't want things like this
getting tripped by custom code.

    Anyone have objections to that?

---
with INFRA.