- Removed affiliations
- Added apache IDs where possible
- Removed committers and only left PPMC members

Hope this version holds up.  Please vote +1, -1, or 0 for neutral.  The vote
will be open for 72 hours

The incubating Apache Metron community believes it is time to graduate to TLP.

Apache Metron entered incubation in December of 2015. Since then, we've
overcome technical challenges to remove Category X dependencies, and made 3
releases. Our most recent release contains binary convenience artifacts. We are
a very helpful and engaged community, ready to answer all questions and
feedback directed to us via the user list. Through our time in incubation we've
added a number of committers and promoted some of them to PPMC membership. We
are actively pursuing others. While we do still have issues to address raised
by means of the maturity model, all projects are ongoing processes, and we
believe we no longer need the incubator to continue addressing these issues.

To inform the discussion, here is some basic project information:

Project status:
  http://incubator.apache.org/projects/metron.html

Project website:
  https://metron.incubator.apache.org/

Project documentation:
   https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/METRON/Documentation

Maturity assessment:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/METRON/Apache+Project+Maturity+Model

DRAFT of the board resolution is at the bottom of this email

Proposed PMC size: 25 members

Total number of committers: 6 members

516 commits on develop
34 contributors across all branches

dev list averaged ~650 msgs/month for the last 3 months

Resolution:

Establish the Apache Metron Project

open-source software, for distribution at no charge to the
public, related to a security analytics platform for big data use cases.

Committee (PMC), to be known as the "Apache Metron Project",
Foundation; and be it further

RESOLVED, that the Apache Metron Project be and hereby is
related to:
(a) A mechanism to capture, store, and normalize any type of security telemetry
at extremely high rates.
(b) Real time processing and application of enrichments
(c) Efficient information storage
(d) An interface that gives a security investigator a centralized view of data
and alerts passed through the system.

RESOLVED, that the office of "Vice President, Apache Metron" be
and hereby is created, the person holding such office to
serve at the direction of the Board of Directors as the chair
of the Apache Metron Project, and to have primary responsibility
for management of the projects within the scope of
responsibility of the Apache Metron Project; and be it further

Apache Metron Project:

PPMC:
Mark Bittmann (mbittmann)
Sheetal Dolas (sheetal_dolas)
Debo Dutta (ddutta)
Discovery Gerdes (discovery)
Andrew Hartnett (dev_warlord)
Dave Hirko (dbhirko)
Paul Kehrer (reaperhulk)
Brad Kolarov (bjkolly)
Kiran Komaravolu (UKNOWN)
Larry McCay (lmccay)
P. Taylor Goetz (ptgoetz)
Ryan Merriman (rmerriman)
Michael Perez (mperez)
Charles Porter (cporter)
Phillip Rhodes (prhodes)
Sean Schulte (sirsean)
James Sirota (jsirota)
Casey Stella (cstella)
Bryan Taylor (UKNOWN)
Ray Urciuoli(UKNOWN)
Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli (vinodkv)
George Vetticaden (gvetticaden)
Oskar Zabik (smogg)
David Lyle (lyle)
Nick Allen (nickallen)

NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED, that Casey Stella
be appointed to the office of Vice President, Apache Metron, to
serve in accordance with and subject to the direction of the
death, resignation, retirement, removal or disqualification,
or until a successor is appointed; and be it further

RESOLVED, that the initial Apache Metron PMC be and hereby is
tasked with the creation of a set of bylaws intended to
encourage open development and increased participation in the
Apache Metron Project; and be it further

RESOLVED, that the Apache Metron Project be and hereby
Incubator Metron podling; and be it further

Incubator Metron podling encumbered upon the Apache Incubator
Project are hereafter discharged.

Thank you,

James Sirota
PPMC- Apache Metron (Incubating)