I guess you are only responsible for a mistake when you know the rules :)

As Alex said, this is PMC to check that those rules are not broken...

Regarding 'snapshot', the best thing would be to use a continue build system
(continuum ?) so that the build is done every night, and store somwhere on
an apache repository.
Note that we have to do that for Directory project, too, so maybe we can
work on it together to avoid duplication of efforts...

Emmanuel

On 2/1/07, Mike Heath <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On Wed, 2007-01-31 at 23:20 -0500, Alex Karasulu wrote:
> Youch! Is Trustin the only one that saw a problem with this?  Where is
> the PMC?  This is a big red flag.
>
> Mike, I'm not trying to bust your keyboard but you really need to read
this:

>     http://www.apache.org/dev/release.html
>
> You probably just confused a nightly build or SNAPSHOT build with an ASF
> (PMC) sanctioned release but please do *not* announce these things here
> without going through the PMC.

Thank you for pointing me in the right direction Alex and you're correct
this is a SNAPSHOT, not any kind of release intended for the public at
large.  In the future, is it appropriate for me to post snapshots to my
home directory and announce their availability or is there a different
process I should follow?

Sorry for the red flags.

-Mike