I think you need to define the namespace and schema for the "beans" as
shown the ftpd-full.xml.

Here are the lines you need to have at the beginning of the config file.

<server xmlns="http://mina.apache.org/ftpserver/spring/v1";
        xmlns:beans="http://www.springframework.org/schema/beans";
        xsi:schemaLocation="
http://www.springframework.org/schema/beans/spring-beans-2.5.xsd