Ditto for me... glad to see folks making use of this. I could help a bit too, but my bandwidth is also tight.

Glad to see this come up again.

Jeff

On Mar 3, 2009, at 10:13 AM, Sangjin Lee wrote:

I was one of the people who were involved in bringing AHC over from the
Geronimo sandbox (where it was first developed) to under asyncweb.
Originally it was based on mina 1.1.x as at that time mina 2.0 was still in its active development. We did the bare minimum to make it compile against mina 2.0 (but not necessarily all the runtime correctness), and merged them.
It landed at the org.apache.ahc package to avoid confusion with the
pre-existing client code that was under org.apache.asyncweb.client.
The intention has been that not only would we make it work correctly with 2.0, move to a common codec, subsume the existing client, etc. but also would redesign the client. Unfortunately, the momentum stalled because key people who were most interested in making this happen (myself included) didn't get to make the big push. For me, my involvement was cut down for
reasons that are unrelated to the project.

Some discussion threads that may be of help:

http://tinyurl.com/djr4pa
http://tinyurl.com/azbpzg
http://tinyurl.com/dkrlzv
http://tinyurl.com/csonsf

Having said that, I'd love to see this get going again (although my
bandwidth on this is still quite limited).  I'd certainly be happy to
contribute what I can...

As a side note, there is a "working" version of the asyncweb client in the 1.0 branch. This is almost the original version that is based on 1.0, and I think it is of production quality (we're using it in production). It hasn't seen an official release however. But please note that I don't think we will (or should) support this in a serious manner. Instead, we need to
focus our effort on the trunk version based on mina 2.0.  My 2 cents.

Thanks,
Sangjin