Michael Jakl wrote:
> Hi!
>
> On Fri, May 15, 2009 at 14:26, Bernd Fondermann <bf_...@brainlounge.de> wrote:
>> Michael Jakl wrote:
>>> The InfoRequest returns the disco information for a particular node.
>>> The Pubsub module could be addressable by its own JID inside the
>>> server. "pubsub.vysper.org" or something.
>> Not quite. 'pubsub.vysper.org' is a completely different /domain/ than
>> 'vysper.org'! There is no inclusion relationship defined for xmpp
>> domains related to domain names. so the "pubsub.shakespeare.lit" in the
>> spec is equivalent to 'vysper.org'.

Seems I was wrong. See XEP0030/4.1/Example 12.
The answers comes from 'shakespeare.lit' but announces items at
'people|plays.shakespeare.lit'.

<iq type='result'
    from='shakespeare.lit'
    to='ro...@montague.net/orchard'
    id='items1'>
  <query xmlns='http://jabber.org/protocol/disco#items'>
    <item jid='people.shakespeare.lit'
          name='Directory of Characters'/>
    <item jid='plays.shakespeare.lit'
          name='Play-Specific Chatrooms'/> ...

> The pubsub service can also be addressed as pub...@shakespeare.lit
> instead of pubsub.shakespeare.lit.

Initial discovery can only happen on the 'server node', like
'vysper.org', can't it? Otherwise, the client would have to guess.

So, now rereading some of XEP 30 + 60, the client would need to send a
info request to all nodes *.shakeskpeare.lit, to inspect if any has the
pubsub feature. If the domain itself announces pubsub as a feature,
maybe this will yield problems later, maybe not.

For now, I would go on with making it configurable which entity it
announces pubsub on (vysper.org, ${pubsub_identifier}.vysper.org or
${pubsub_identifi...@vysper.org). Don't know if we need more than one
announcement (for different or same pubsub service).

Not as long as it'd yield an item 'pub...@shakespeare.lit'.

> In my understanding, the server would have to report the virtual
> pubsub service as node of category "pubsub" and type "service" during
> discovery.

+1

> I think it's up to us how we implement it, and since we agree, it will
> be  a feature of the server (hence, not a virtual service).
>
>> Is that answering your question?
>
> Yes, thank you,
> Michael

  Bernd