On Tue, Mar 30, 2010 at 2:22 PM, David Latorre <dvl...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I would rather go for a solution that make it impossible to block
> FTPServer rather than making it 'more difficult'.
> For this, we might limit the total number of data connections which
> wouldn't be perfect but might help... or maybe we can enforce a rule
> that MaxUsers < MaxThreads.

Depending on your user profiles, I think there might be different
configurations that suites you best. So, I think we should supply both
the max concurrent users option (that we do today) and a max threads
option. Then, we need to provide reasonable defaults and documentation
on how to best use them.

> - We could have a filter that limited bandwidth usage, although I
> don't think there is anything like that in FTPServer.

We already do bandwidth limitation in our blocking data connections.

/niklas