On Mon, May 10, 2010 at 13:24, Doron Fediuck <do...@redhat.com> wrote:

> Hi guys,
> First of all kudus for a great job ! I just discovered this project and it
> looks very impressive.
>
> I'm interested in the implementation of an SSH client using public key
> authentication.
> Since I'd like to use the SSHD project, I have a couple of questions-
>
> 1. I saw trunk has now an implementation for UserAuthPublicKey, which is
> not available
> in current release (0.3.0). My question is, when will be the release which
> will include this
> implementation ?
>
> This week hopefully.

> 2. Is there a chance you'll add an example to keystore usage with
> UserAuthPublicKey ?
>
> There are some basic unit tests:

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/mina/sshd/trunk/sshd-core/src/test/java/org/apache/sshd/ClientTest.java
See the testPublicKeyAuth method

> 3. How safe is the current trunk if I want to try and use it ?

Quite safe I think.  If you're talking about stability, it should be quite
good, though there might still be a couple of problems if you look at the
JIRA issues (but they may also have been fixed already).  From a security
perspective, the only issue I know about is the fact that the public key is
not really checked (as it should be against the ~/.ssh/known_hosts with a
unix ssh impl).

--
Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet