Hi
On Sat, Jul 20, 2013 at 8:54 AM, Emmanuel Lécharny <elecha...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> now that the 3.0.0-M1 has been released, I'd like to list the tasks we
> need to complete for the next release, beside obvious bugs and features :
> - update the site to add some MINA 3 pages
> - generate the Javadoc for MINA 3

works on trunk, mvn install -Papache-release produce javadocs in the
tarballs and the artifacts

> - fix the release process (there are many little irks to polish)

some are fixed, what do you think is missing ?

> - document the release process so that anyone can cut a release in the
> future
> - add some documentation about MINA3
>
> The last item is critical. MINA 2 documentation is far from being
> perfect, and we need to offer a better odcumentation to our users.

I'm quite lost here, I wonder if we should not keep the documentation
on a wiki for leveraging
crowd edition.

The current CMS is great for editing the static website (even if it's
suffering some NIH syndrome)
but for extensive user-guide documentation it not helping users to
contribute (e.g. fix typo).

The contribution barrier is too high ! Even with Apache confluence
where you need to have a CLA
(and an account).

I think we should switch the user-guide docs to a low barrier wiki.

> I'll work on the release process fix next week, I'd like to cut a M2 asap.

I think we could cut another release now :)