I've raised https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SSHD-815 and attached a
PR to it.
There may be room for improvement on the sftp client api to make things a
bit easier.
Right now, a user would have to do:

   SftpClient client =
SftpClientFactory.instance().createSftpClient(session)

whereas before the split, it would have been:

   SftpClient client = session.createSftpClient()

Obviously, there's no backward compatible solution but it could be made
even easier maybe:

   SftpClient client = SftpClient.createSftpClient(session)

Also, the default SftpClientFatory could be loaded through the
ServiceLoader, that could make things easily pluggable at minimal cost.

Guillaume

--
Guillaume Nodet