Hi,

I think we can move forward and announce that 2.0.X and 2.1.X are now deprecated.

I'll do that.

Thanks!

On 02/10/2026 10:18, Marcin Lamparski wrote:

Hi,

I'm just wondering if the consensus was reached on this one and it is official?

ML

On 2026-09-24 08:16 UTC Emmanuel Lécharny wrote:
Hi!

We currently have 3 active branches:
- 2.0.X started in 2008
- 2.1.X started in 2019
- 2.2.X started in 2022

It costs a lot to maintain those three branches, especially when it
comes to backport issues. I have spent a hell of time managing CVE's in
late spring, with some backport to those old branches.

I'm not sure we want to still maintain them.

OTOH, the downloads stats are quite surprising:

2.2.X represent 57% of the monthly downloads, 2.1.X 9,82% and 2.0.X 30%
(and FTR 1.1.X represents 7%(!!) of all the downloads. Quite good for a
18 years old defunct version...)

So what do you think? Should we focus on 2.2.X, and tell the world we
will stop maintaining the two other branches? (we can also offer a grace
period...)

Thanks!

--
------------------------
Emmanuel Lécharny
[email protected]
[email protected]
------------------------


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected]
For additional commands, e-mail: [email protected]



---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected]
For additional commands, e-mail: [email protected]


--
------------------------
Emmanuel Lécharny
[email protected]
[email protected]
------------------------


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected]
For additional commands, e-mail: [email protected]

Reply via email to