Hi Gary. You should work with the Apache Public Relations Committee on any
press, Sally in particular has been super helpful in the past (+cc Sally).
I think this is a great opportunity for a press release about the project,
the PR committee can help you with this, here's more background:

http://incubator.apache.org/guides/branding.html
http://www.apache.org/press/

Patrick