My vote is to make the CI build and test process lightweight and efficient
and not involve a human to give a go-ahead for a PR build.

There are multiple ways to engineer a stable and efficient CI system,
(already discussed on this email thread), including canceling previously
running build for a particular PR before invoking a new build, using
Incredibuild, adding more machines to CI, etc.

In short, as we scale to many engineers working on MXNet around the globe
in different time-zones, precious human involvement should be minimal and
be used judiciously only for critical things like code-review and only
after sufficient amount of sanity build-tests have passed.

Let the machines work harder for humans and not the other way around.

Bhavin Thaker.