well....max line length as 100 is adopted in many projects (nearly all
projects I have been involved or used or looked at,
spark/flink/bahir/atlas, etc. companies which using scala intensively also
sets it to 100 (e.g. netflix, you can check their atlas project))

one of the reasons is that all these projects are all following
https://github.com/databricks/scala-style-guide which was published in the
early days of when scala is becoming popular

and the behind reason might be that considering the language
characteristics of scala, a shorter line limit would be make it more
readable, (http://docs.scala-lang.org/style/indentation.html#line-wrapping,
the official guide even says 80 as the limit)

Also note that, scala-packages has a scala-style plugin regulating coding
style which does not apply limits for certain cases, e.g. import, and the
developer can turn off style checking if you are doing something special

BTW, considering monitor-relevant concern, http://scalameta.org/scalafmt/
tells that 100 is good enough even for a 30'' wide monitor