Hello Roshani,

interesting document and a good step towards allowing customers and
developers to adopt MXNet faster.

Just one quick question: How would your proposed design handle
compatibility between old and new versions of MXNet as well as other
frameworks? Since serde (import/export) is part of the MXNet source, we
won't be able to update it independently. One example I'm thinking about is
training on the latest version of MXNet and running inference on an older
version. Could this cause issues since the ONNX model could be of a higher
version than the import on the old MXNet version is able to load? Would it
be necessary to have some kind of compatibility mode during the export
process in which you define the target ONNX model version? There might also
be different operator versions etc.

Best regards,
Marco