I think its important to understand someone's day_job's customer is also a
user of MXNet. Right now MXNet project needs to put effort in helping users
and bringing them on-board. I don't think its a good idea to ask the
customer to come back after a new release is made or ask to use a fork.

With regards to CI test not running on a older branch, I don't think its Ok
to ditch a released branch just because a release was made. why are tests
not triggered when a PR is made on an older branch(regardless of new
feature or a bug fix) ?.

May be we should think about making minor releases on released branches.

On Mon, Mar 5, 2018 at 3:25 PM, Marco de Abreu <marco.g.ab...@googlemail.com