I personally like the design here. Since we have seen technical
difficulties of compatibility, I would like to ask people pay
attention to the 'How to combine with existing APIs' section:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MXNET/MXNet+Scala+API+Usability+Improvement#MXNetScalaAPIUsabilityImprovement-HowtocombinewithexistingAPIs

Qing proposed three options,

1. Add a new Class/Object called "NewSymbol/NDArray" with full implementation.
2. Create a new Class and change the name space for all of the
functions (e.g Activation -> NewActivation) and let Symbol/NDArray
extends that.
3. Create a new Class and override the Same functions with different
implementations.

If we have to choose from option 1 and 2, I would like to +0.5 for
option 2, with which users can quickly aware of the new easy-to-use
API: they type 'Symbol.' in IDE as usual and these functions pop up.

--
Yizhi Liu
DMLC member