It is true that most of the current GPU code depends on mshadow. Porting
the operator code entirely over to TVM will take quite a huge effort. So a
more gradual path forward is to could be drop-in TVM to support cases that
it optimizes well(ARM, AMDGPU, accelerators) while keeping the old
infrastructure around for a while.

This is my part of the technical assessment. There is not yet a proposal
for a complete migration over TVM in the community.

Tianqi