<< Sorry sent too early>>
Hello Community,

Recently, we are observing a growing number of PR open {pending for review,
pending for updates, ready to merge but waiting and more}.

Few of us committers (Naveen, Haibin, Anirudh and Me) and contributors
(Steffen and Hagay) met to discuss on how to improve the process in
reviewing the PR and allow more people join the review process.

To shed some light on numbers:

*(As of 6-Aug-2018)*

   - Total open PRs - 113 - Link
   <https://github.com/apache/incubator-mxnet/pulls>
   - Total open PRs with No Reviews - 94 - Link

<https://github.com/apache/incubator-mxnet/pulls?q=is%3Apr+is%3Aopen+review%3Anone>
   (*Note:* Out of these there are comments for 72 PRs. This count is for
   formally reviewing and approve/request change etc.)

   - Changes Requested and awaiting contributors to update - 8 - Link

<https://github.com/apache/incubator-mxnet/pulls?q=is%3Apr+is%3Aopen+review%3Achanges-requested>
   - Oldest PR - Jan 19, 2018 - PR
   <https://github.com/apache/incubator-mxnet/pull/9496>

One important issue observed is, "*Inability to filter the PR based on
state and component*". For this, one suggested solution is to "*label the
PRs*" like we label the issues. This will allow community members to filter
by area of interest, add review, committers can filter by state and take
necessary action.

In this direction, I have created following 4 new labels.

Please let us know your suggestions, and this is open for feedback and
changes.

-
pr-awaiting-review
<https://github.com/apache/incubator-mxnet/labels/pr-awaiting-review>
PR is waiting for code review
 Edit Delete
- pr-awaiting-response
<https://github.com/apache/incubator-mxnet/labels/pr-awaiting-response>
PR is reviewed and waiting for contributor to respond
 Edit Delete
- pr-awaiting-testing (then merge)
<https://github.com/apache/incubator-mxnet/labels/pr-awaiting-testing%20%28then%20merge%29>
PR is reviewed and waiting CI build and test
 Edit Delete
- pr-ready-to-merge
<https://github.com/apache/incubator-mxnet/labels/pr-ready-to-merge>
Review and CI is complete. Ready to Merge

--
Sandeep Krishnamurthy