Still worth following up with Travis (I've already messaged them).  They're
in the middle of reorganizing their business model and merging paid and
free accounts into the same service, so maybe this policy is changing.  It
doesn't make a lot of sense to me that public repo accounts would have
timeout limits that are different to private repo accounts in cases where
they are both paid.