I want to clarify that this would not prevent Amazon contributors from
being nominated. Nor it would prevent collaboration between Amazon
employees. A good thing about Apache is that everything is recorded and
presented to the entire community, this includes the dev list,
github review/commit history, documentation, wiki.

Specifically to Amazon contributors, there are non-Amazon PMCs can watch
these evidence and bring these contributors on board -- and I am very
certain this would be the case. If the problem that there are too few
non-Amazon PMCs, then it wouldn't hurt to try to get more on board, and
then get them in the term to nominate PMC contributors.

One of the key criteria of graduation for an Apache Project is that it
should not be controlled by a single entity, I think to be able to execute
this guideline is exactly a good test to check if we pass that bar.

Tianqi