+1 since the Beam model is much more open than the current one.

Here my two cents to the discussion:

You can see that in the past was different,, but we had evolved as
foundation. As general recommendation, the new way is to spend less effort
in ad-hoc bylaws on every project/podling and adopt the general ones. The
easier the project is managed, normally the better the community evolves.

In addition, as a linguistic detail: commiters and/or pmc do not have more
"privileges", but "responsibilities".

Cheers,