Am 17. Januar 2019 00:26:04 MEZ schrieb Bob Paulin <b...@bobpaulin.com>:
>> *What are the benefits of graduation for the project and our end
>users?*
>This is one of those: "It's more about the Journey than the end
>destination."  Projects that complete incubation have demonstrated that
>they meet a certain bar.  And while that by no means guarantee eternal
>success it does mean that you have met the ASF standard for exit which
>is not easy.  It means that going forward a report will be submitted to
>the board describing how your project is doing that end users will be
>able to read.  This is beyond "How many stars or downloads per month"
>type of stats that let your user community know you're not going away
>anytime soon.  One of the criticisms I often hear of the ASF is that
>projects just don't die (usually around some project that they believe
>is old or should be deprecated).   To me this is a feature since as
>long
>as people care about the project it can live as long as it wants.

That's a nice summary of what the goal of having an incubator is. Something I
personally would love to know is what other projects having gone through the
process think of it's benefits and drawbacks, what really was it that changed
on their journey through the incubator and into being a tlp.

Carin (or anyone else really), with the 20th anniversary of the ASF coming up -
would you mind starting a thread on the topic over at dev@community and reach
out to other projects (both recently graduated and well established and
popular) and look for some answers to the question? Would be great if others on
this list could help with gathering that information...

Isabel