Dear MXNet community -
the result of the vote to release Apache MXNet (incubating) version
1.4.0.rc2 are as follows:
Binding:
+1  three (Carin, Indhu, Haibin)
+0  one (Sheng)
-0   one (Anirudh)
-1   none

Non-binding:
+1  six   (Yuxi, Aston, Kellen, Aaron, Tao, Lin)
0 none
-1 none

Voting thread:

https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/5d4aa084e51e9be919d62bfd0e6d625f37318624124a033a5c48507c@%3Cdev.mxnet.apache.org%3E
<https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/5d4aa084e51e9be919d62bfd0e6d625f37318624124a033a5c48507c@%3Cdev.mxnet.apache.org%3E>

The following issues have been raised with v1.4.0.rc2:
1. NOTICE year is wrong (2018): Not considered a stopping issue as release
was started in 2018.
2. TVM NOTICE missing - TVM NOTICE file was added post the commit ID used
in MXNet v1.4.0.rc2 release, not considered a stopping issue
3. build with make passes, but build with cmake failed in
3rdparty/dmlc-core/test/unittest
4. Recent MKLDNN upgrade prevents us from offering binary distribution for
earlier versions before OSX 10.13.

The vote results meet the release voting criteria as defined at
https://www.apache.org/foundation/voting.html#ReleaseVotes: 3 +1 binding
votes, no -1, more positive then negative votes.
I'm not sure there is a difference between -0 and +0 votes, but even if
there is a difference there are more positive vs. negative votes.

I do consider the issues raised not as show stoppers to move forward with
the release. I do suggest to get these issues addressed in the next release
or with a patch on version 1.4.0.
To give everybody a chance to way into my decision as release manger, I
will wait until Wednesday 9am PST (about 36h from now) before starting vote
on general list.
Please speak up asap if you think the release cannot move forward as is and
provide justification.

Regards,
Steffen

Reply via email to