Thanks for the proposal, Felix. On one hand, I agree that richer workload from
the ecosystem helps find issues in MXNet early. On the other hand, I'm
concerned about tightly coupling the development of projects.

Monitoring the upstream library and addressing problems for upgrading
dependency should be the concern of the downstream projects. These projects own
the effort of having proper testing for any changes needed, including version
upgrade. Having these projects in MXNet CI means the responsibiliy of
maintaining these projects partly transfers to the MXNet's contributors, which
doesn't seem right. It blurs the line of who's responsible for debugging,
isolating the problem, making minimum reproducible sample code, and posting the
fix.

That said, I think there's much opportunity for reusing the current code for
MXNet CI. Projects in MXNet's ecosystem would likely benefit from MXNet's CI
solution so that each individual community project can identify issues early.
(And from offline chats with Chance and his team members, I think this is
what's already on their minds.)

-sz