Locking a conversation wouldn't limit a committer from commenting. "While a
conversation is locked, only people with write access and repository owners and
collaborators can add comments." [1]

Unless the apache organization has the blocking setting, blocking by a person
shouldn't limit one from commenting on issues in mxnet repo either. The
organization that owns the repo needs to explicitly block the person to be able
to prevent one from commenting on an issue in the repo of that organization. [2]

-sz

[1] https://help.github.com/en/articles/locking-conversations
[2]
https://help.github.com/en/articles/blocking-a-user-from-your-personal-account