A bit more background into this:

While tuning a model using LSTM and convolutions we find that using
hybridize with static_alloc and static_shape is 15% slower in the
latest revision vs in version 1.4.1 in which using hybridize with
static_alloc and static_shape is 10% faster than without.

Overwall we are still 33% faster when comparing master to 1.5.

Let me know if you think this is a release blocker or not.

Pedro.