"if you’re linking in two then you’re doing something wrong." Correct,
that's one thing I believe we've got consensus on.  So let's call that out
as a bug to be fixed.

Let's move forward with some reproducible numbers and then discuss the pros
/ cons of which particular OMP implementation we should use.