+1 definitely.

Going forward,
MXNet repo as it stands has ~95,000+ lines of Python code [1]
OpenEdx has a million (10x) LOC and this mammoth effort of porting from
Python 2 to 3 is treated as a separate project named Incremental
Improvement. [2]
We can take inspiration from them and have a similar effort by calling
action from the community. Issues can be maintained in a separate JIRA
board to track high priority tasks.

Also, I can see gluon-nlp adding themselves to the Python3 statement. Once
the vote passes, one of us could submit a PR to add MXNet as well.

[1] https://codeclimate.com/
[2]
https://open.edx.org/blog/python-2-is-ending-we-need-to-move-to-python-3/

--