---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Sally Khudairi <s...@apache.org>
Date: Wed, Aug 21, 2019 at 9:23 AM
Subject: ApacheCon Europe 2019: Join our Hackathon!
To: <committ...@apache.org>

Dear Apache Committers,

There will be a hackathon space at ApacheCon Europe 2019 in Berlin. It will
be available on 23rd/24th October from the start of each day’s schedule
until 7:00 PM, with the possible exceptions e.g. during keynotes.

We want to invite everybody to participate on the hackathon. Collaborative
development on project source code, improvements to project documentation,
and development of example apps or tools built upon one or more Apache
projects are all encouraged. Furthermore, it's a nice opportunity to get in
touch with other contributors.

More details will be available leading up to the event, but here’s
generally what to expect:

- Dedicated space with chairs, power, wifi, snacks, and caffeine.
- Tables dedicated to specific participating projects.
- ‘Getting Started’ discussions for new and aspiring committers
- (industrial) IoT Corner with industrial equipment to code against

With most logistical concerns now attended to, we are identifying
interested participants, promoters, and coordinators. Are you a PMC member
or committer willing to do the following on behalf of your project:

- Operate a dedicated hackathon table for some time
- Designate collaborative work for your project’s table to help hackers
focus
- Encourage your community to hack at your project’s table
- Spread the word throughout your community!

Interested? Email plann...@apachecon.com to reserve a table for some time
for your project that we can advertise to your community.

We are currently working out a Hackathon schedule that will be posted,
letting attendees know when they should expect activities related to their
project and various open sessions to take place. If you will take on the
lead role for your project, we will work with you to plan, prepare, and
generate interest in the wider community.

If you aren’t interested in hacking yourself but want to help others, we
could also use persons who are willing to do one or more of the following:

- Operate the primary information table in the hackathon space for
several hours
- Give a short introductory tools or skills presentation / answer questions

Thanks!
ACEU Hackathon Organization Team

P.S. We invite anyone who has ideas to share with the planning committee,
or is considering participating in any way, to let us know via
d...@community.apache.org