Hi Marco,

At the time I started the thread, the specific term related to China reads as
follows:

PLEASE NOTE THAT THE SOFWARE MAY NOT BE USED, DEPLOYED, OR INSTALLED IN THE
PEOPLE'S REPUBLIC OF CHINA. [1]

My concern with the above clause is that it starts the practice of HashiCorp
targeting a group of the community resides in a specific region. I'm worried
that they could change terms of use at any moment that could render the normal
usage illegal and our community members liable.

The situation has changed as HashiCorp indeed revised the specific clause to
include only Vault enterprise version. From the reply I think you only read the
updated version. Since the current version of their term of use doesn't affect
our project anymore, I'm OK to leave it as is.

-sz

[1] https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EZLJJwjUYAM8Xk-?format=jpg&name=large