Hi all,

I'd like to begin by commending the Myfaces community for work done so far and providing an open source framework which seems to be increasing in popularity, stability and adhereing to spec! Well done!!

I've been using MyFaces for the past couple of months and hanging about the user list both posing questions and searching for answers to problems I am facing. The problems I have are usually not of a technical nature but more of a mind shift how to fit MyFaces into the architecture in question and discover it's strengths/weaknesses.

Whilst doing this I am stepping through source code trying to match functionality with spec and books to gain a better understanding of the lifecycle and caveats. It is after doing this that I would like to ask the following questions to the developers:

1. Are there any current plans to Mavenise MyFaces? I did read some posts about this but that the choice was made to continue with Ant. Although very powerful (Ant) the ease of building/testing with Maven should not be overlooked.

2. Are there any current plans to allign the different programming styles seen throughout the code to say Sun/Turbine/Avalon/MyFaces format? I see one developer using _propertyName style for member variables whilst others choose not to.

3. Are there any current plans to introduce checkstyle/PMD reports etc for all code in the repository? Again Maven helps heaps by generating out_of_the_box reports concerning the quality of code. You just have to bite through the flame wars and get agreement from all concerned :-)

Since I'm not as experienced (yet) with MyFaces to fix the defects I could help in the above areas, if desired. The quality of code conforming to a readable, consistent, documented style will only help to show other communities how serious one takes this project and that it should be up there with the other major projects.

Colin