> Well, if Simon's point is that Ajax should not *require* forceId then
> I agree with him (or whoever is making that point.)  We're not
> requiring it right now but I think that is what Travis is suggesting
> (with the reasoning be that you almost always want to use it anyways.)

I'm not suggesting that you have to use forceId, I'm suggesting (or
rather asking for opinions) that it would be nice to have a rendered
id that is actually the id I specified without having to use forceId.
Forget about AJAX, just in general.

As for the AJAX stuff, just to clear things up, I have no intention of
making it so forceId is required.

Travis