On 11/30/05, Simon Kitching <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> [1] It would be interesting to know whether this approach would work for
> Facelets; on first view, what is the timing of binding attribute
> evaluations with respect to the aliasBean's rendering methods?

No one who is using facelets will use aliasBean :)
There are more powerful and predictable alternatives available in facelets.

            <ui:include src="/pages/snippet.xhtml">
                <ui:param name="backingBeanAlias1" value="#{myBackingBean1}"/>
                <ui:param name="backingBeanAlias2" value="#{myBackingBean2}"/>
                <ui:param name="backingBeanAlias3" value="#{myBackingBean3}"/>
            </ui:include>

Or it can all just be replaced by a taglib.xml entry so it looks and
works like a real composite component on your page.

    <my:psuedocomponent
        backingBeanAlias1="#{myBackingBean1}"
        backingBeanAlias2="#{myBackingBean2}"
        backingBeanAlias3="#{myBackingBean3}" />

I wouldn't worry about making this work with facelets.

There are definitely going to be issues to consider with using
aliasBean as a creation-time tag instead of a component.   But that
doesn't mean that this isn't a good design choice :)