Mike Kienenberger wrote:
In the jar's MANIFEST.MF file, create two new attributes, similar to
the standard jar "Class-Path:" attribute.   These as-of-yet-unnamed
attributes would represent the two relationships above.

For those jars that don't specify a dependency order, JSF would fall
back to the behavior described in Issue #:121 (loading alphabetical by
file name)

I disagree with this.

For the moment, *all* jars will be missing "dependency order" info, because there is no agreement on how to specify this, yes? So we're only talking about the second scenario for the moment?

I think it would be better to process such jarfiles in classpath order.

In particular, where some jars are in the container and some are in WEB-INF/lib I don't think it's appropriate to apply alphabetical order across the entire set of jars; it's just confusing. Also, when a faces-config.xml file contains a class NAME, that class will be looked up in classpath order, so to process the faces-config.xml files in a different order doesn't seem healthy to me.

And as I mentioned before, processing jarfiles in classpath order is exactly what MyFaces *already* does.

Have I misunderstood something here?

Regards,

Simon