Martin Marinschek wrote:

outputLink doesn't tie into the action-framework - that's why...

what's Struts-Shale doing here? outputLink with defaultAction="something"?

regards,

Martin

In struts, I can perform action for request on any ...do link not only for submitting form, but for ANY request. In any cases, I can display different pages - for example, Message "see late" if application don't have connect to sql server, choise different pages for mobile clients, output first page of continuous wizarrd etc. For jsf, even if proposed GET processing can help bookmark page, content can depend of previsius state of application or other conditions. Main thing - JSF support MVC pattern for form processing, but break controller for GET requests.