What Mario is suggesting is the foundation for my stateless JSF solution.  It
doesn't make sense to duplicate the cabilities of a component framework and jam
it into a struts/webwork solution-- around validation, parameter handling, and
action invocation.

Your JSF document, with all of its components, is the tip of the iceberg of
lots of functionality and behavior.  Going back to the Avatar blogs, the
importance of identity carries a very light-weight, agnostic way of
transferring state to component handler on succeeding gets or posts via AJAX or
normal submit.  There's absolutely no need to re-invent the wheel here.

-- Jacob